Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client is seeking a Director of Research, Global Innovation and Commercial Assessments, a senior-level tole responsible for guiding the organization through objective and strategic market insights. This individual will be responsible for delivering market research insights related to global product and pipeline development and commercial assessment for our client.
This individual will demonstrate leadership that can translate insights into action for the business, with deliberate and actionable measurement of impact, as well as capture results in a timely manner through disciplined program and financial management.
What Will You Do?
- Design, execute, and socialize Market Research related to Pipeline Planning, Global New Product Marketing, and Business Development
- Define Global market research priorities in collaboration to proactively address key business decisions
- Create foundational market understanding through the development of treatment flow maps, market segmentation, attribute/benefit testing, positioning and campaign development, etc.
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and other stakeholders
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Collaborate on Forecasting and Analytics Related to Pipeline Planning, Global Marketing and Business Development
- Guide and influence long-term (i.e. 10-year) strategic forecasts for pipeline and marketed products that incorporate epidemiology, evolving treatment paradigms, competitive products and global pricing and access dynamics
- Collaborate with internal experts in Market Research, Literature Resources, Competitive Intelligence, R&D, and Marketing/Sales leads to generate robust forecast assumptions
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Corporate Development, Finance, and Corporate executive leadership
- Scope, design, and manage the execution of quantitative market research (e.g., discrete-choice conjoint) to inform revenue forecasting
What gets you the job?
- 10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 7+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Previous experience in global, product development / pipeline, & commercial assessment market research within the pharmaceutical, healthcare, or beauty industries is preferred
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills. Experience working with people at different levels from various parts of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to builds and manage team relationships; responds to team needs effectively and efficiently
- Strong influencing and advisory skills and comfort with senior leadership. Understands how senior leaders think and make decisions; can speak their language and respond to their needs.
- Advanced command of market research and analytic methods and techniques; sought out as a versatile insight expert.
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred
- Ability to travel globally and within the U.S. (20% – 40%) is required
- Position can be located in either Lake County, IL or Irvine, CA
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed