Director of Accounting Operations (Onsite- Las Vegas, NV)
We are actively seeking a Director of Accounting to join our client, a successful hospitality organization, on a captivating journey into the world of unmatched luxury and financial prowess. Nestled amidst the vibrant allure of the Las Vegas, our client is a beacon of sophistication, elevating guest experiences to new heights. This position will assume a key role in the accounting practices for the organization and be responsible for developing and upholding accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
This Job Pays: This role is expected to pay a salary around $140-150k+ depending on experience, as part of a generous compensation package
What You Will Do:
- Drive a culture of excellence by meticulously managing diverse accounting teams, including general ledger, accounts receivable, and inventory control, to meet and exceed strict deadlines.
- Dive into the financial intricacies by reviewing journal entries and maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, ensuring precision at every step.
- Navigate through monthly account reconciliations with a keen eye for detail, ensuring accuracy in financial records.
- Take the helm in managing Profit and Loss (P&L), the balance sheet, and cash flow reporting, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the financial landscape.
- Mastermind the orchestration of monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, guaranteeing accuracy and timeliness in financial processes.
- Thrive on challenges by tackling special projects and analyses assigned by the dynamic Executive Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Safeguard financial integrity by upholding stringent internal accounting controls.
- Lead the charge on financing transactions, collaborating with the financial reporting manager to address GAAP and technical accounting challenges.
- Cultivate an inspiring work environment that resonates with our core values—integrity, teamwork, performance, recognition, mutual respect, and Team Member satisfaction.
- Be the proactive voice in communicating problems or discrepancies to management with timeliness and efficiency.
What Gets You The Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or accounting or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum ten years of accounting experience, with at least five (5) years in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a large-scale luxury resort/casino.
- Extensive experience in General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Inventory Control
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting, General Ledger practices, and protocol.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, such as technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Demonstrated leadership and direction skills contributing to organizational success through engagement, development, and mentoring of individuals and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with guests, management, Team Members, and external contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of functioning under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.