IT Disaster Recovery Specialist (Remote – Pacific Time Zone Hours)
We are seeking a dedicated IT Recovery and Compliance Coordinator for our client, a higher education university. This role is crucial in ensuring the alignment of their IT recovery efforts with university policy and enhancing their resilience in the face of various disruptive activities, including natural disasters, cyber threats, and human errors.
As the IT Recovery and Compliance Coordinator, you will be responsible for helping assess, plan, coordinate, implement, and manage University Policy for IT Recovery compliance as well as its implementation for both the campus and Office of Information Technology (OIT) levels. You will work closely with individual Units (e.g., departments, divisions, and schools) to assist in achieving IS-12 compliance and mitigating risks. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong coordination, communication, project management skills, and the ability to recover from various disaster scenarios.
Location: Remote working Pacific Time Zone Hours
This is a contract job that expects to pay about $75-80/hour
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with business continuity management to develop and maintain location-specific IS-12 recovery plans.
- Create and update plans, policies, standards, governance, and reports related to IT recovery.
- Ensure alignment of IT DR plan with IS-3 (Electronic Information Security) requirements.
- Maintain tools and documentation to aid Units and OIT in complying with IS-12.
- Provide awareness outreach and education for Unit IT Recovery Leads (UITRL) and Unit Heads.
- Develop content and collateral (e.g., toolkits) for UITRLs and OIT Recovery Teams.
- Work closely with the Disaster Recovery team and Unit recovery leads to align ITDR recovery and test plans with business continuity plans.
- Continually review compliance, implement DR environment changes to remediate risks, and oversee the execution and update of location IT recovery plans and test plans.
What Gets You The Job:
- Solid IT disaster recovery (ITDR) program design and implementation experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of business continuity (BC) management.
- Ability to create reporting and presentations.
- Experience in creating and promoting awareness and outreach communications and collateral.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive.
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Google Sheets is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments under strict timelines.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Quick learner of technical tools and terminology.
Please send your resume to Laura Pechilis, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.