Sr. Systems Engineer (Hybrid)
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA -Hybrid
This Job Pays: $125,000-$162,000 a year
What You Will Do:
Looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who is a dynamic problem solver and critical project contributor in a technically evolving environment. The Senior Systems Engineer is a senior level generalist on a team of senior systems engineers and is an expert in core infrastructure technologies including networking, storage, compute, messaging and mobility systems, database systems, cloud-based services, and operational security. The Senior Systems Engineer develops, implements and maintains expert technical solutions for all new and existing systems.
- Design, implement and manage Firm systems including networks, storage, MSSQL, Exchange, physical and virtual servers, Active Directory and Group Policy, Certificate Services, authentication systems, and remote access and mobility systems
- Administer and support cloud-based systems and related services (e.g Azure, Office365);
- Oversee and ensure the optimal performance of systems; Perform frequent and long-term maintenance in addition to management of user facing tasks using established and evolving IT Service Management best practices
- Provide expert escalated technical support and IT internal mentoring for network and system operations across the Firm
- Prepare and distribute technical documentation for all assigned systems and projects involving processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides, training and change management logs
- Establish and maintain relationships with IT external customers, vendors and partners
- Work overtime, on-call and/or non-standard hours, and travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as needed.
What Gets You The Job:
- Cisco network certifications (CCNA,CCNP), or equivalent
- Microsoft system certifications (MCP,MCSE), or equivalent
- NetApp data management certifications (NCDA) or VAST Data equivalent
- Extensive experience with ITIL based IT Service Management procedures (ServiceNow preferred platform);
- Expert proficiency in design and implementation of IT infrastructure systems in large scale Microsoft Windows-based enterprise environments
- Expert proficiency in Active Directory design, support and administration with a focus on least privilege and tiered security models;
- Expert proficiency in IP networks (LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, WiFi) design, engineering and management
- Expert proficiency in network and storage design and maintenance (SAN – Storage Area Network, NAS – Network Attached Storage) using vSAN and VAST Data technologies;
- Expert proficiency in a variety of systems, servers and protocols (Cisco, Citrix, VMware/VCF/vSAN, TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft OfficeSuite
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell; and
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise backup software.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field (preferred); and
- At least 8 years of technical experience (preferred); At least 5 years’ building and supporting complex network operating systems and advanced networks (required).
Please send your resume to Arnold Melgar , Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.