Irvine Technology Corporation
Senior Cyber Engineer
We have an immediate need for a Senior Cyber Engineer to join a team that supports the City of Irvine for a contract to hire role that will be onsite in downtown Irvine, CA. This role will provide technical leadership in the development of a Cyber Security Operation Center (SOC) by deploying new tools, building out policy/procedures, and perform day-to-day SOC functions such as monitor, alert, respond, and report.
What You Will Do:
- Plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- At the Leadership level, this is senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
What Gets You The Job:
- Required Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) or similar.
- Professional experience providing technical leadership in support of a Security Operations Center (SOC) or similar organization providing cyber security services.
- Strong experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), incident response, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), anti-virus and malware management, and firewall monitoring.
- Expertise with MS Sentinel or Splunk is highly preferred.
Please send your resume to Hannah Xu, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration.
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed