Irvine Technology Corporation
In this role, the Sr. Systems Engineer will work collaboratively with architects, system engineers, applications teams and business user teams across the organization to provide a solid infrastructure foundation and platform to support the stable deployment of business applications.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will ensure that the virtualization, storage and computing platforms supporting the business are expertly designed, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure life cycle and also take a key role in the design and deployment of new applications throughout the enterprise. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment as a creative solution provider and problem solver.
- Architecture design and hands-on support and administration of a large Vmware Environment. Key technologies include VCenter, HA, Storage DRS, VVOLS, SDN
- Architecture design and hands-on support and administration of the Storage environment for both VMware and CIFS/SMB
- Architecture design and hands-on support and administration of Cisco UCS Domains leveraging blade and rackmount servers
- Proven experience in the following server environments: Windows 2012, 2016, 2019
- Extensive VMWare and storage troubleshooting, tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with complex network and communications implementations (IP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, DMVPN protocols and routing).
- Experience in datacenter and cloud migrations
- Solid understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, firmware
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms
- History of infrastructure planning, optimization and capacity planning
- Build simulated systems in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
- Install new applications and equipment as required
- A proven subject matter expert with Tier 2/3 troubleshooting skills that can interface and guide Managed Services staff and application teams during break/fix situations as needed
- Extensive experience at an enterprise level in distributed computing environments with solid all around knowledge of the presentation, application and data layers.
- Participate on project teams as a lead system engineer to roll out new applications and technologies
- Work with other team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals during project deployments
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
Minimum Qualifications / Other Expectations:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the following technologies:
- VMWare 6.x, 7.x, VCenter, DRS, Storage DRS, VVOLS, SDN
- Oversight of Citrix build, system administration, and maintenance
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Management of environments such as Nutanix, VMware Horizon, Citrix, and Remote Desktop Services of 1,000+ users
- NetApp CloudONTAP and Pure Storage design and administration
- Cisco UCS and Fabric Interconnects
- Cisco MDS Fiber Channel Switches
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- CentOS and RedHat
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python or other language
- Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in Windows Server Active Directory Service (AD); Administrative objects, security level delegation, group policies under Windows 2016 and 2012
- Troubleshooting of any AD operational problems
- Understanding of Windows services for DNS, DHCP, WINS, ADFS, ADAM, logon scripts
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed