Irvine Technology Corporation
We are looking for a Associate System Administrator to join a privately held company providing strategic consulting and business support services to a diversified group of client companies across a wide range of industries including Construction and Engineering, Hospitality and Gaming, Television, Radio, Real Estate, Food Services, Financial Services, and Private Equity. This is a direct hire to hire, onsite role located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience! Their Systems Administrators are responsible for maintaining the integrity and high availability of their IT infrastructure and services across the company. This role requires a solid understanding of the Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, and Windows Desktop technology platforms. This position works closely with local management, HR, business analysts and other IT team members to ensure that end users continue to have reliable access to the technology required to complete their daily tasks.
What You Will Do:
- Provide first-line technical support to employees in supported locations for production environment incidents and new technology requests.
- Exercise independent judgement in prioritizing and making repairs and in providing regular maintenance for all IT infrastructure equipment, including Windows servers (physical and virtual), WAN, LAN, VoIP systems and individual desktops/laptops, recognizing when to escalate to IT management and vendors.
- Maintain information security by ensuring company systems are properly patched and have current antivirus definitions, updating and deploying group policy objects (GPO) as needed, and monitoring performance of firewalls, IPS and IDS within supported locations.
- Configure and maintain company backup solutions and ensure approved Disaster Recovery measures are in place and adequate to ensure the integrity and availability of company data; and
- Assist business analysts and other IT team members as needed in deploying approved software applications and providing application troubleshooting and support to end users.
What Gets You the Job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience with 2 years of work experience substituted for each year of education.
- 4+ years of work experience in Information Technology, to include a minimum of 1 year in a Windows Server administration role.
- Understanding of MS Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 – 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10, VMWare, LAN / WAN infrastructure (Fortinet, preferred), Storage and backup solutions (Synology, preferred);
- Experience with configuring and providing basic troubleshooting for LAN, VLAN, WLAN and VPN as well as an understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- One or more professional certifications to include CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MS MCTS, MCDST, MCSA or higher; and
- A passion for providing excellent customer service, a dedication to teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods to improve both company and individual performance.
Please send your resume to Jenny Allen for immediate consideration
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed