Irvine Technology Corporation
We are looking for Senior MySQL Database Administrator to join one of California’s most prestigious universities. This is a contract, remote capable role. Under direction of the Manager, Database Management, the Senior Database Administrator position applies advanced database administration concepts and campus objectives to support highly complex, heterogeneous mission critical database systems.
What You Will Do:
- Assesses business needs and technical considerations with minimal direction to complete database administration projects of advanced scope and complexity.
- Selects methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Implements database solutions from evaluation to implementation of large enterprise level hardware and software.
- Candidate will work in a highly complex technical environment that requires expert knowledge of MySQL and preferably advanced Oracle database administration skills.
- Candidate will use advanced database knowledge to work with system administrators to establish optimal operating system, database and network parameters for campus database systems and will provide advanced technical assistance to application development groups.
- Leads large, highly complex database migrations and projects of advanced scope and complexity that span many months.
What Gets You the Job:
- Five (5)+ years’ experience in MySQL Database Administration. Prefer three (3)+ years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Five (5) plus years with BA/BS OR three (3) to five years with MA/MS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL 5.7/8 database administration concepts and architecture.
- Ability to install/upgrade MySQL in Oracle Linux 7 and above.
- Strong skills writing and maintaining custom shell scripts in Oracle Linux V7 environment and above.
- High proficiency in SQL for MySQL.
- Should be able to understand and troubleshoot any SQL performance issues.
- Significant experience with performance tuning, troubleshooting, capacity planning and optimization of MySQL environment.
Please send your resume to Arnold Melgar for immediate consideration
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed