Irvine Technology Corporation
We are seeking an immediate need for a Senior Data Engineer of Data Integration to join a world-renowned management consulting firm. This is a direct hire, hybrid capable role. You will join their Waltham or Atlanta office and be a part of their One Firm Tech-Cloud Data & Analytics team. You will work with product managers, software engineers, architects, and various platform teams. You’ll be part of a team responsible for delivering technology enabled solutions of the future. You will be involved in all business value chain activities from understanding product needs to product development to on-going maintenance and enhancement.
What You Will Do:
- You will be responsible for creating innovative interoperability platforms, tools and solutions to enable seamless and secure data integration.
- In this role, your solutions will be used to connect legacy, newly developed, and vendor applications across the datacenter and cloud environments, and you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the solutions.
- You will be developing specifications, designing infrastructure and interfaces, developing code. As Engineers & Senior Engineers you will be 80% hands on coding and Senior Engineers will also Coach & Mentor.
- You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- You will assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements, identify, design and implement internal process improvements, automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, and propose re-designing of infrastructure as appropriate to achieve scalability and cost reduction.
What Gets You The Job:
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in technology area of study
- 5+ years of experience programming in a backend language (Java, J2EE, Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
- 2+ years of experience with Data Analytics and Reporting
- Advanced working SQL and No-SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of databases (MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience in building pipelines to migrate data from on-prem to cloud data repositories (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse, Databricks)
- Experience in ingesting data into cloud repositories from sources including flat files, SQL server, Kafka, CDC and Web APIs
- Experience with development work to support data migration, cloud applications, Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks
- Familiarity with various cloud technologies such as AWS (EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.) and Azure
- Proficient in building large scale systems end to end using Java/Python/GoLang or other high-performance languages, developer tools, CI/CD, DevOps, monitoring tools and engineering cloud migration solutions
- Experience in working with modern IDE’s (such as Visual Studio Code, Intellij)
Please send your resume to Arnold Melgar for immediate consideration
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed