Irvine Technology Corporation
1 year contract
Hybrid Role (Remote to begin, onsite eventually)
The Product Design Lead leverages an iterative, user-centered approach and solid UI design skills to conceive and deliver valuable new experiences for our clients and colleagues across mobile and web platforms. We are looking for experienced professionals who possess a blend of user-centered design practices, creative innovation, and the drive to work on some of the most exciting digital initiatives within our organization.
As a member of our Design & Innovation team, you will contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle—from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery—with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end users, and creatively approaching constraints.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touchpoints, and to define how we bring that experience into reality. In this work, you will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the Firm provides to our colleagues to do their work.
You will also have the opportunity to be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the use empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience planning, conducting, and communicating the findings from user research for digital products and services (familiarity with an Enterprise setting is a plus)
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Ability to design and conduct user testing and concept validation- i.e. identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Strong ability to generate and communicate compelling & actionable insights, both verbally and visually
- Strong interaction and visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Adobe creative suite, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile software development
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Strong collaboration – you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources; experience working with others on a global basis
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others
- Passionate about creating value through great design and user experience
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems and define tasks needed to bring clarity
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation
- Experience in managing communications with users and stakeholders.
BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI, Anthropology, Psychology, or equivalent experience
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed