Irvine Technology Corporation
Our gaming client is seeking a Director of Revenue Accounting to join their organization on a direct hire basis. The Director of Revenue Accounting will have a mission to create strong processes to ensure the completeness and accuracy of revenue recognized under US GAAP, as well improve the processing time of invoices and timeliness of the monthly close process.
As Director of Revenue Accounting, you are responsible for all aspects of technical accounting, reporting and processing of revenue accounting. You will oversee the processing and general ledger teams, establish and implement internal control policies, and maximize the capabilities and value of the company’s ERP system. The Director of Revenue Accounting must have exceptional understanding of GAAP and SOX compliance and have intimate experience with ERP systems.
This role is able to be mostly remote, as well.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Recognized thought leader and business partner across the company
- Responsible for US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, including understanding and building an inventory of IFRS or local GAAP differences with US GAAP standards.
- Direct and supervise accounting staff, including an outsourced BPO shared services function, to ensure adherence to procedures, strong internal controls, and adherence with Company policies; ensure integrity in all financial transactions and reporting
- Shared ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Coordinate, prepare and publish timely monthly revenue reporting, which includes month over month fluctuation analysis, coordinating with FP&A to assist with budget vs. actual analyses, and collaborating with cross functional teams to enhance managerial reporting
- Lead annual audit activities associated with revenue accounting, working together with external auditors for accurate and timely completion
- Develop accounting policies to cover operating and internal control related procedures over Billing, A/R, Revenue Recognition, etc.
- Assist with disclosures for the Company’s form 10-Q and 10-K related to revenue, AR and concentration footnotes.
- Improve and automate efforts to refine Accounting operations related to revenue accounting and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Bachelor’s Degree; CPA certification
- At least 10 years’ experience within finance and accounting; preference to Big 4 audit experience
- Mix of public/private background, high degree of technical accounting expertise relevant to SEC, GAAP, and SOX404 requirements
- Possess extensive and current knowledge of cutting-edge principles and practices associated with accounting, finance, and systems
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend analysis with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
This role could require up to 5% of travel internationally and domestically (2-3 weeks annually). Therefore, a valid and current passport must be maintained.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed