Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant, reporting to the Sr. Manager, SEC and Corporate Accounting, to become a key member of our accounting and finance team. This individual will assist with the consolidation and reporting process, internal controls, system implementations, SEC filings, technical accounting and review. The role will require candidates to be on-site in Irvine 5 days/week.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the consolidation of the entities
- Collecting data within the financial consolidation software.
- Assist in integrating new subsidiaries into the close process.
- Communication, coordination and mentoring of foreign subsidiary teams.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of SEC Form 10-Q/K filings, including financial statements, footnotes and MD&A.
- Research new FASB accounting pronouncements and related SEC regulations, determine implications and develop implementation strategy, rollout and training as needed.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and communicating the accounting policy manual.
- Providing quality support for internal and external financial reporting.
- Perform analytical reviews on locally-reported numbers (balance sheet, P&L, cash flows, shareholders’ equity, disclosure schedules) and review with line manager, including IFRS to US GAAP adjusting entries upon consolidation.
- Participating in the preparation of working papers and various reports underlying the sub-consolidation figures for audit purposes.
- Researching and resolving accounting issues and drafting of company position papers, including new system and acquisition implementations.
- Collaboration with local and subsidiary accounting teams (California, London, Estonia, etc.).
- Assist manager with the plan, organization and coordination of the overall internal control for the accounting/finance organization.
- Assist the FP&A department with budgeting and forecasting for the support functions.
- Responsible for preparation of entries recognized for corporate accounting matters such as share-based compensation accounting, equity accounting, and M&A related accounting matters.
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, CPA highly desired
- 2+ years of combined SEC financial reporting/accounting experience within a multinational company or public accounting (preference to Big 4) firm
- Knowledge of financial accounting, consolidation and US GAAP reporting standards preferred
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to perform a high degree of financial analysis to help interpret financial data
- The candidate should be able to work on conflicting priorities, be proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure and time constraints
- Passionate and curious person with drive, willingness to make things happen in a fast moving and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong presentations skills
This role may require up to 10% of travel.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed