Irvine Technology Corporation
Software Build/Release Engineer
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Software Build/Release Engineer to join a BI/data services company, based in Santa Ana, CA. This is a full-time remote role until mid-2022. In this role, you will perform builds and deployments, design and implement methods for improving the development environments and processes, and improve use of SDLC tools and processes.
This position requires scripting experience in PowerShell. In this position, you will continue to automate and improve our build and deployment processes using Azure DevOps in a hybrid cloud / on-premises model
- You will be engaged in PowerShell scripting, performing builds and deployments.
- You will also work with various company teams and should have some interest in quality assurance, IT infrastructure, databases, system administration, process improvement, audit activities, and writing internal documentation.
- Automates and troubleshoots build and deployment processes.
- Maintains and operates build and deployment environments.
- Maintains documentation of build and deployment procedures, environment requirements, etc.
- Performs software builds and deployments according to procedures and debugs related problems.
- Maintains software build and deployment scripts.
- Assesses, defines, and performs improvements to build and deployment processes and environments to increase performance and reliability.
- Ensures releases follow appropriate SDLC processes and have appropriate documentation.
- Ensures key stakeholders are kept informed of the progress and the state of software build and deployment activities.
- Assists in administering and improving the SDLC toolset.
- Follows processes and assists with process improvement, including reviewing, and updating, documenting processes.
- Assists with routine audits and software escrows.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server platforms, including IIS and Windows services.
- At least 2 years’ experience with PowerShell programming (primarily version 5.1).
- Experience creating and performing software builds and deployments with Microsoft ASP.NET technologies using some form of scripting language or tool.
- Good understanding of SDLC lifecycle concepts, including source control, defect tracking, automated build systems, and production control.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to follow established procedures and processes.
- Experience with other scripting tools and languages on Microsoft Windows platforms, such as Kinook Visual Build Professional, MS Build, batch, Perl, and/or Python.
- Basic to intermediate level programming experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET in a Windows environment.
- Ability to apply good software development practices to scripting (such as unit testing, source control, code reuse, modularization, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in improving SDLC processes.
- Familiarity with Azure and Azure DevOps implementation and administration.
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience implementing automated testing, code analysis, and validation in the release pipeline.
- Familiarity with PowerShell 7.
Please send your resume to Andrew Butler, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed