Irvine Technology Corporation
Director of Software Development
Role will begin remotely, but will go onsite once Covid subsides.
About the Company:
My client is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services and real estate industries.
This role will provide oversight to all activities within the software development group, with specific emphasis on quality and time delivery. This role requires significant collaboration with business teams and must have strong executive presence and presentation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing, leading and managing successful teams and individuals in a software development environment.
- Lead the development team and work with the Quality Assurance, Software Architecture, Release Management, IT teams and Project Management Office to deliver all Roadmap/Release commitments on time, on scope and with quality
- Engage with internal business sponsors and external customers, anticipating their needs, managing expectations and responding rapidly to customer requests
- Serve as an authority on functional and technical issues through management of personnel, both in-house and contract
- Participate in software development projects in a functional subject matter expert capacity
- Lead recruiting efforts and mentorship of software development engineers
- Maintain and evolve development processes and standards for coding, unit testing, reviews, and release checklists
- Collaborate with software architecture team to champion product architectural improvements
- Ensure development support coverage in support of tight customer SLAs
- Research current trends, development processes and emerging technologies and when appropriate, effectively implement them
- Evaluate project requirements to estimate development effort, duration and cost
- Plan and effectively manage to an annual budget for the department
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in a software architecture role
- 3+ years of experience in management with direct reports and recruiting responsibilities
Proven success with software/technology companies operating and maintaining complex, enterprise, real-time mission critical products and systems within the financial services or real estate industries
Excellent management and communication skills, with ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across the organization
Experience launching large-scale B2B enterprise applications and services on time and within budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and procedures in professional software development including the complete SDLC
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) and transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile development
- Experience designing SAAS applications with enterprise workflow and system integration components
- Experience with deploying web applications in a high-availability, clustered environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies: .NET Framework and Core, ASP.NET, WCF, Web API and IIS
- Experience with at least one RDBMS, preferably Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with DevOps transformation, CI/CD, and test automation (e.g. Selenium)
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed