Irvine Technology Corporation
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Systems Engineer to join an established and growing entertainment/resort organization. This is a full-time role near San Bernardino.
- Engineers designs for the installation of infrastructure projects and guides system initiatives. Researches solutions for continual improvement of the IT infrastructure.
- Leads project teams to implement the technology architecture components of a solution, and provides ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to delivery.
- Understands business requirements and identifies potential solutions to meet these needs as well as conduct appropriate research and deliver recommendations.
- Participates in purchase justifications and projects benefit analysis. Analyzes current support contracts for cost savings and engineers substitute products.
- Performs incident, problem, and change management tasks (including but not limited to root cause analysis, request for change, and event/incident management).
- Leads the troubleshooting efforts for any issues that arise with the infrastructure systems, including but not limited to, working with third-party vendors as well as other SMBMI team members.
- Leads the team in creating and maintaining documented policies, procedures, and processes such as operational run books and architectural diagrams.
- Supports essential enterprise clients and emergencies by performing duties on call on a rotational basis.
- Designs and compiles scripts and code (PowerShell and/or Python) to streamline normal operations. Supports the security posture efforts by maintaining systems at the recommended patch levels
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of systems administration experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL) databases, virtual machine software from VMware, and Microsoft Windows Server in a large enterprise environment is required.
- Proficient understanding of Active Directory & Domain architecture, New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and certificate management.
- Extensive experience with automation tools Fault Tolerance (FT), and High Availability (HA) technologies is required.
- In-depth experience with enterprise-class storage systems and backup technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows scripting including PowerShell, Batch, and Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is required.
- Ability to diagnose hardware/operating system (OS) problems and optimize system setups for complex application environments is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with enterprise level Microsoft Windows system patching.
- Experience writing proposals, procedures, policies, and technical documentation.
- In-depth experience with Exchange Server 2016 or newer architecture, services, and support.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Microsoft Office 365 (O365) is preferred.
- Knowledge of current storage technologies is preferred: Object-based storage, Network File System (NFS), and fiber-channel.
Please send your resume to Andrew Butler, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed