Irvine Technology Corporation
NETWORK ARCHITECT – IS
CONTRACT TO HIRE
Currently Remote but will have to be commutable to the office a few days a week eventually.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this position is responsible for designing, supporting, managing and maintaining all aspects of the network infrastructure. This includes LAN/WAN, wireless technologies, network security, VoIP, and datacenter switching. The Network Architect engages in architecture definition, planning, technology direction, project management as well as mentoring of network engineers. This position works closely with clients, vendors, carriers and other technical and non-technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements and develop options, recommendations and associated cost benefits, while providing engineering design for implementations. This position will research, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies for data, video and voice networks. Assess emerging technologies and make recommendations to information technology management. Oversee, certify and assist in implementation and support of the enterprise wide network.
- Five years’ experience designing complex networks configured with high availability
- Managing Cisco routers & switches, wireless technologies, cabling systems, firewalls, UPS power systems, SNMP
- Experience in designing network infrastructure, working with all aspects of configuring routers & switches, hardware & software upgrades, network protocols, LAN/WLAN/WAN based networks
- Network design, Cisco routers, switches, VPN concentrators, firewalls, wireless access points, IDS, CiscoWorks, WLSE and High Availability redundant designing
- Skills in working with desktop devices (PCs, printers, VTs) & windows operating system
- Exhibits strong task & project management skills required to ensure tasks & projects are completed in a successful & timely manner
- Exhibits strong ability to resolve problems effectively & efficiently to ensure minimal disruptions & unplanned downtimes of hospital systems
- Exhibits strong oral & written communication skills necessary to communicate (technically & non-technically) with team members, other IT professional staff, IT management, users & vendors to ensure successful & cooperative completion of tasks & projects & to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Exhibits ability to successfully perform administrative responsibilities necessary to comply with Organization & IS policies, procedures & standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or commensurate equivalent
- Eight years’ experience designing complex networks configured with high availability
- Experience in complex infrastructure projects both as a lead and technical resource
- Strong teamwork abilities with multiple IS groups & departmental user groups. Licensure Description: Certification can be in progress, but prefer candidate w/ completed certification or equivalent experience in CCNP, CCIE and/or Aruba ACxx
- Master’s Degree
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed