Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client in the DTLA area is currently seeking a Senior Grant Accountant to join their organization. The ideal Senior Grant Accountant will have 3+ years of recent grant accounting experience in a non-profit organization. The role will be partially on-site, so applicants must live in a commutable distance from DTLA.
The Sr. Accountant role has oversight functionality over grants accounting, post-award administration, financial accounting and audit preparedness. Additionally, this role is instrumental in tracking grant oversight key performance metrics and associated reporting to senior leadership. This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly grant/contract billings to federal, non-federal and private grantors and ensuring proper compliance with all GAAP, grant/contract standards and guidelines. This role also assists with payroll allocations, vendor disbursements and account analysis. This position exercises independent judgment and discretion and is responsible for making recommendations to improve grant reporting procedures and compliance and other accounting procedures. This position also supports the organization and Controller in all audit processes, while ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting processes and procedures.
Job Duties May Include:
- Maintains knowledge of all open grants and reporting requirements.
- Allocate personnel and non personnel expenses to grants while maximizing spenddown on expiring grants.
- Prepare budgets for new grant applications; prepare budget vs actual comparisons on existing grants to assist program managers with spendown forecasts to remedy overspend or underspend situations.
- Review grant coding on expenditures to ensure compliance, assist in preparing monthly grant & contract billings. Prepare journal entries and reconcile grants invoices with general ledger.
- Assist in the proper revenue recognition of grants and contributions.
- Assist with management and reconciling of assigned general ledger accounts, financial statement preparation and making recommendations to improve grant reporting procedures and compliance.
- Maintain fiscal management of grants and contracts in accordance with funder requirements.
- Performs grant-related post award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes and budget modifications.
- Develop procedures to monitor expenditures and revenues for grants
- Assist in preparation of grant funding submissions for government and foundation agencies.
- Support program with time and effort reporting, ensuring it is complete and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review and monitor subcontracts and ensure proper G/L reporting.
- Ensure that budget and expenditures are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist with associated program reviews and audits.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of requested items for audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of non-profit grant accounting experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed