Irvine Technology Corporation
IMMEDIATE NEED for a BI/Data Engineer to join a fast-growing food distribution organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the scripts and processes required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata so they can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart or operational data store. Reads, analyzes and digests what the company wants to accomplish with its data, and designs the best possible ETL process around those goals.
- Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for centralized data warehouse.
- Will be working with SSIS along with AWS (S3, Redshift)
- Extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems.
- Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Standardize data collection by developing methods for database design and validation reports.
- Work with business requirements to identify and understand source data systems; provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with data analyst to validate all requirements, perform interviews with all users and developers.
- Map source system data to data warehouse tables
- Develop and perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Collaborate with all developers and business users to gather required data and execute all ETL programs and scripts on systems and implement all data warehouse activities and prepare reports for same.
- Provide support and maintenance on ETL processes and documentation
- Build partnerships across the application, business, and infrastructure teams
- Strive to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices
- Champion company standards and best practices
- Collect and document business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user stories, use cases, scenarios, business-process and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand processes, analyze information needs and define functional requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the business unit and the BI development team.
- Four-year college or commensurate work experience. 5+ years – Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, Redshift and RDS
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Expertise in SQL and relational databases
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate key insights from complex analyses into actionable business insights
- Proven ability of looking at solutions in unconventional ways- seeing opportunities to innovate and leading the way- Strong proficiency in SQL- Creative in finding new solutions and designing innovative methods, systems and processes – Advanced degree in Science and Technology related field
- Experience with building multi-dimensional data models to serve as a foundation for future analyses
- Experience with predictive modeling – Experience with IoT, Machine Learning, and AI- Strong analytic skills for working with unstructured datasets – Experience with connecting data sets to data visualization tools and creating reports using Tableau and Power BI
Please send your resume to Andrew Butler, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed