Irvine Technology Corporation
Sr. Software Engineer
6+ month contract
Location: Santa Ana, CA *Local but remote optional*
Background Check: Criminal, Education, Employment
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is excited about the prospect of migration and modernization of applications into the cloud, leveraging serverless and cloud native capabilities where possible. As a company we have adopted a multi-cloud strategy with AWS being our preferred vendor. We are looking for someone who will collaborate with delivery teams, understand the existing application architecture, and migrate the application to cloud(AWS). The applications we are migrating are all customer integrations with a heavy emphasis on Web service, Microsoft’s technology stack ( .net framework, SQL, IIS) with some legacy com components and VB.
We are looking for an AWS-Software Engineer with strong experience in .net Framework, MVC and API development as well as experience in migrating applications to AWS.
As an AWS-Software Engineer specialized in application migrations to cloud. You see yourself as a maker and you are interested in all steps of the process, from understanding the challenge, to designing, developing, and deploying. You will journey with the team to help create the necessary DevOps environment and provide knowledge transfer to the team.
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application migration with duties including but not limited to:
· Provide hands-on guidance and oversight in architecting and migrating applications to AWS Cloud using cloud-native application architectures (PaaS, IaaS, containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns, Infrastructure as Code, S3 and Lambda) and security.
· Provide day-to-day status and guidance to the technical team as required.
· Review backlog and user stories.
· Able to engineer secured solutions using AWS services.
· Able to build environments using Infrastructure as Code(IaC) approach. Preferably Terraform
· Lead implementation of the selected tools and resolve issues that arise.
· Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications and Skills:
· 4+ years of AWS and DevOps experience
· 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
· Experience migrating, designing, implementing, and documenting scalable and highly available solutions in AWS
· Strong understanding of Agile process.
· Experience with migrating .net applications as-is to AWS cloud
· Deep familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructures.
· Experience in migrating web services to Cloud.
· Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
· Experience in Microsoft Work Loads Including Microsoft.NET / .NET core
· Ability to prepare and clearly communicate proposed technical solutions to both technical leads.
· Good troubleshooting & communication skills.
· Ability to work with multiple teams.
· Experience supporting technology in a large-scale enterprise environment.
Experience with the following tools is a must:
o Azure DevOps, GitHub or other CI/CD tooling
o AWS Lambda, S3
o Cloud Formation
o JSON, YAML
o DNS, External facing applications, IP address management, Firewalls
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed