Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client in the Long Beach area is currently seeking a Controller with a Public/Private mix background to join their dynamic organization. CPA is highly desired, as well. The role will have future growth opportunities, as well! The ideal Controller will have experience establishing departments and implementing policies and procedures to help with efficiency.
The role is a hybrid of remote and on-site, so all applicants must live in a commutable distance to Long Beach.
This position reports to the CFO and holds responsibility for managing the centralized accounting processes and systems, ensuring accurate consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial data, adherence to policies & procedures, and the implementation of best practices.
Job Duties May Include:
· Oversee key accounting processes including, but not limited to, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Tax, Treasury, etc.
· Oversee and facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process.
· Ensure complete, accurate and timely financial close in accordance with GAAP, while continuously focused on process improvement.
· Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement review in collaboration with FPA as well as Operational team members; assist in aligning transactional accounting with budget/forecasts with a mindset of focused and strategic variance analysis and improvement.
· Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial controls and accounting policies.
· Help facilitate inputs to the financial budgeting, forecasting and planning process in conjunction with FPA and business division leaders.
· Assist in the review of all financial plans and capital budgets; monitor progress and changes, and keep CFO apprised of the organization’s financial and capital budget status.
· Help facilitate organizational cash flow and forecasting, along with other related treasury functions.
· Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, and appropriately liaise with external auditors; assess and implement any changes necessary
· Similarly, build and foster our banking relationship and work collaboratively to identify and improve bank management/treasury management processes.
· Acts as a liaison with the Information Technology department on the implementation and upkeep of financial management/reporting systems.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; continually improves upon the financial reporting department’s overall policy and procedure process.
· Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal reporting requirements including tax agencies.
· Coordinate and/or perform complex data analysis that will be used to make key tactical and strategic decisions pertaining to mergers, acquisitions, and business proposals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· CPA highly desired
· 10+ years of progressive accounting experience (public/private experience highly preferred)
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), specifically appropriate application of ASC 606, 842 and 740.
· Demonstrated experience in leading accounting/ERP migrations and/or integrations with a focus on gaining process efficiencies.
· Intermediate/Expert proficiency utilizing Excel in financial and data analysis.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed