Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client in the Torrance area is currently seeking a Controller to join their organization on a direct hire basis. The ideal Controller will have 7+ years of experience and at least 3 years of managerial experience. The role is a hybrid on-site and remote, so applicants must live in a commutable range to the Torrance area.
Job Duties May Include:
Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintain all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Evaluate operating results in terms of costs, revenues, budgets, trends and improved operational efficiency.
- Formulates, reviews and recommends best practices for all accounting and auditing functions
- Prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements (income statement, cash flow, P&L)
- Prepares budgets and financial forecasts, analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Reviews or Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank accounts, asset accounts and wage accounts.
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Oversees a staff of 6
- Supervises and Manage accurate and timely processing of all A/P, AR, and Payroll
- Month and End-Year Process
- Variance Analysis
- Develop and monitor annual budgets
- Assist in the review of Project Performance and financial Analysis
- Prepare other supporting schedules as necessary
- Oversee daily cash and line of credit management in conjunction with CFO
- Assist CFO with but not limited to:
- Analyzing performance metrics
- YE Tax planning
- Annual audits
- Creating and measuring yearly departmental goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or MBA highly desired but not required
- 7+ years of experience, preferably for a company with $40+M in revenue
- Sage software experience desired, but not required
- 3+ years of managerial experience
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed