Irvine Technology Corporation
Sr. Technical Writer – Security Policies
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr. Technical Writer – Security Policies to join an Educational Institute based in Irvine, CA regarding a 12+ month contract engagement. With this organization, contracts tend to extend further than originally determined durations.
- Create documents, templates and web content related to security policies and requirements, processes and technologies and improve consistency and coherency of content of existing content.
- Translate complex concepts into easily understood, engaging and actionable content for diverse audiences (faculty, staff, students).
- Document user journeys and update content for smoother navigation by internal as well as external users.
- Prepare interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements.
- Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling.
- Organize information by producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps.
- Facilitate focus groups to gather requirements and solicit feedback on design concepts.
- Play a lead role in migrating existing website from Cascade 7 to Cascade 8.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science, Technical Communication or similar.
- Self-motivated and takes ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manages workload to meet team deadlines.
- Collaborative team player who will solicit and offer input and support decision-making.
- Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization).
- Confidence in presenting ideas as well as giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to refine complex and difficult concepts into easy-to-understand communications.
- Basic understanding of cyber security concepts, practices and cyber threat landscape.
- Basic understanding of information security frameworks and standards such (e.g., NIST 800-171, ISO 27001/27002).
- Position requires access to sensitive confidential material; Integrity and discretion are mandatory.
- Creating help content (such as FAQs, user guides, playbooks)
- Writing and designing information security educational material for employees.
- Developing personas and user journe
- Developing web sites using Cascade (or similar) enterprise content management system.
- XML experience.
- Higher education experience.
Please send your resume to Dave Lim, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed