Irvine Technology Corporation
Our client in the South Bay is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to join their organization on a direct hire basis. The Accounting Manager will supervise a team of 4-6 employees and will be a hybrid remote and on-site role in the South Bay.
Accounting Manager Job Duties May Include:
• Responsible for preparing and reviewing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Responsible for the month-end close process, including reviewing account reconciliations and investigating budget-to-actual account variances.
• Responsible for the annual financial statement audit, including preparing audit schedules and drafting footnote disclosures.
• Provides trend analysis on profit and losses and other key metrics. Researches and explains variances and reports significant issues to the Management.
• Oversees the day to day of settlements, and payroll using targeted KPIs to ensure performance quality and efficiency.
• Processes all payroll related transactions including but not limited to termination payments, loans, benefit deductions, non-recurring payroll changes and adjustments, federal/state/local tax withholdings
• Compiles, analyzes, and reconciles payroll data and ensures accurate and timely submission of payroll processing.
• Handle inbound employee pay inquiries, identifying need, and escalating issues as required
• Review employee expense reimbursement submissions in Paycom, in accordance with company Expense policy
• Manages/ maintains all accounting process control narratives and SOPs related to month end close, payroll, and settlements.
• Manages all annual 1099 reporting requirements
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company compliance program, and other operating procedures.
• Supervises, trains, and develops Accounting Associates to ensure accurate and timely processing of all transactions.
• At least 6 years of experience, progressive career track including a combination of experience in Big 4 public accounting and medium-sized accounting departments
• CPA is preferred, but not required.
• Willing and capable of working with minimal support staff. Ideal candidate is able to provide guidance and strategic direction for the company to management.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Knowledge of accounting, ERP systems (SAP preferred) with expertise in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Access & PowerPoint.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed