Irvine Technology Corporation
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Security Engineer to join a fiancial services company at their Santa Ana, CA location regarding a 6+ months on W2 contract.
- Provide technical engineering services to support and update existing security systems and work to automate processes related to security implementations, monitoring, and enforcement
- Investigate, recommend, evaluate, deploy and integrate security tools and techniques to improve our ability to protect corporate assets and infrastructure
- Participate in technical risk assessments and security exposure analyses of systems, networks and business applications
- Evaluate and implement security devices such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, threat correlation tools, vulnerability management tools, encryption capabilities, etc.
- Analyze network elements and designs to ensure secure and optimal system and network performance and cost effectiveness
- Oversee the purchase, installation, and support of security devices
- Responsible for assessing and managing information security risks to pre-existing current systems
- Assist in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
- Monitor, report and resolve all security-related problems and discrepancies
- Participate as a member of the Information Security Incident Response Team
- Interact with internal and external clients on security requirements, identify security process and develop strategies/solutions to security issues while maintaining tight security discipline
- Develop test plan and implement rigorous testing prior to rollout of new systems into the production environment
- The Security Engineer will work with the Splunk admin and the security engineering team who would be required to interact with applications owners for application monitoring and with the SOC team for security monitoring
- Strong experience with Splunk Programming Language (SPL), alerting methods and dashboard creation
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security is required and experience with cloud environment’s is highly preferred
- Requirements assist with data inputs and aid with the creation of Splunk search queries, dashboards, data models, and correlation searches
- Experience in implementing Information Security technologies and/or processes required
- Experience in product evaluation and managing vendor relationships required
- Experience in defining Information Security strategy and integrating security technologies into corporate frameworks
- Must have hands on working knowledge of UNIX/AIX, Microsoft NT/2000, firewall multi-layer design and implementation, router access list/packet filtering (CISCO), WANs, LANs, the Internet, Intranets, network protocols and network services (i.e., telnet, ftp, etc.), Intrusion detection systems, Virtual Private Network (VPN), two factor authentication
Please send your resume to Dave Lim, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed